Sunday, October 26, 2008

Working Hard

So, Spencer just left about an hour ago for Texas and I'm already hiding in the extra room with my computer. There are dishes to be done, rugs to be vacuumed, floors to be swept, and kids to get dressed and yet, here I sit. I'm justifying it by telling myself that I'm writing in my journal, but I know the truth. Who wants to do the dishes when I could sit in here with the door closed?!
You would think that there would have come a point in Spencer's and my life that we would be used to him leaving and just get on with it, but it doesn't ever get any easier and I miss him a little more every time. But, life gets busier and the time seems to pass more quickly, as well. This next week it's my turn to do preschool and I'm trying to get things ready for our November Enrichment Brunch. I'm not totally crazy yet since it isn't until the 12th, but there is plenty to do to prepare. Thankfully I have help and I'm not running around insane trying to take care of things myself. I am thankful for a calling that keeps me busy and kids that keep me even busier. I'm sure I would have lost it by now if it weren't for them. Sometimes I think they'll make me lose it, but in all honesty, they help me keep it together way more than I realize. I'm thankful for them and for my wonderful husband. He makes so many sacrifces for our family and I'm truly thankful to have him as my man. I love him tons!!

No comments: