So, since I'm having this break, I've cleaned out the car and I get to catch up on my blogging. I am, however going to have to change the name of our family blog, because we've got number 4 on the way. As of today, I'm 13 and a half weeks along, so I've got FOREVER left. I'm glad it takes 9 months, though, because although I am excited for number 4, I am also very nervous. Especially since Spencer will be traveling so much more next year. (Thank Heaven it isn't Iraq!) I am most excited at the prospect of this being the final Taylor for us. Of course we will have more if we feel it's right, but having all the kids out of the house when we're 48 is pretty appealing. Only time will tell, right?!
Well, this is a boring post, so let's see if I can liven it up a bit. Brigham started Kindergarten this year and I cried like a baby when I dropped him off and even harder when I picked him up. It was one of the more embarrassing things I've done. His teacher, I am sure, thought I was a lunatic, but it was hard seeing my little Brigham all grown up. (By the way, he asked me today if I could start calling him Spencer. I just don't know if I can do that after 6 years of Brigham, but I will try.) Anyway, he's really liking school and is doing really well. Parent teacher conferences are next week, so I'm
And for Audrey, she has been driving me crazy!!! I must have been a really difficult four year old, because it's all coming back to me, I think. She does whatever she wants and doesn't care one bit what I say. We walk to and from school with Brig, I mean Spencer, every day and today she insisted on walking. She did pretty well until we were on our street on the way home and then she just stopped and waited. I'm not sure what she was waiting for, but there was nothing I could say to get her to come. She just doesn't care. It's the most amazing ever! Hopefully it's a stage, because it's becoming more and more possible that she becomes the reason I start swearing.
And for Isaac... He has turned in to quite a screamer. He screams when he wants something, when we're going somewhere, and when we get to where we're going. So, pretty much, he screams ALL the time! He's cute, though, so I guess it's o.k. And if it wasn't so loud, it could probably be funny. We were at the commissary the other day and he saw something he wanted, so he let out a pretty good scream and scared the old lady next to us. I thought she was going to jump out of her skin. One of my favorite things Isaac does is take a 3 hour nap every day. How did I ever get to be so lucky?!
2 comments:
Sweetheart! I just have to chuckle (no, laugh out loud) because I experienced the Audrey syndrome many, many times. Only difference is that it was called the Jaime syndrome. ". . .My daughter, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all they foes (including Audrey)."
Love,
Mom
Hi Jaime! Your post made me smile. You're such an amazing mom and I don't blame you one bit for letting off some steam! Your kids are so cute it's hard to imagine them screaming and being so stubborn since I'm not able to be around them much:(, but I know the stubborn stage from being a nanny. The 4-year old girl I was nannying hated buckling up and would throw a fit when I wouldn't drive until she buckled up. Then she'd unbuckle two seconds later. It's hard to keep kids in line (especially when they're not my own)! Anyway, I'm sure I will bawl my eyes out when we have a child start school too. What a change! Holy lonnng comment and a half... surrrre love ya Jaime! Surrre do!
Post a Comment