
Spencer got leave this week to come out to Las Vegas for what I like to call a Sports Expo. I think he calls it a convention, but whatev, right! We left Huachuca on Monday and camped that night at Lake Mead. We got there just before dark because they only accepted cash at the campsite, so we had to drive to get gas before we ran out and to an Albertsons so we could get cash. Because of all that, we got to put the tent up and get a fire started, not because it was cold, but so we could eat, with the little daylight that remained. This meant that we roasted hot dogs and had smores by fire and fl

ashlight. It was a little of a challenge, but definitely memorable. I've never camped anywhere hot before. I'm used to freezing to death, but this was just opposite. We all started the night out on top of our sleeping bags and didn't get in them until about 2 in the morning when it finally cooled down. I think I prefer freezing.
The morning was great, though. It was nice and cool, we had a great dutch oven breakfast, broke camp, and the kids and Spence rode their bikes down to the lake while I walked behind. (I've really got to get a bike sometime.) It was way cute, because Spencer rode down with Isaac on his back in the baby carrier. Isaac thought he was in Hea

ven and laughed almost all the way down. When we got down to the water, we all took our shoes off and waded in the water, but the kids couldn't stand it. They

were completely submerged before too long and having the time of their lives. It made the mishaps of the night b

efore completely worth it.
We headed out at about 11 and drove the 20-30 minutes to our hotel. It was nice to get cleaned up and this hotel is awesome. It's the nicest place I've ever stayed, that's for sure. There's a full kitchen, a washer and drier, and a separate living area where the kids sleep. They're really digging the pullout couch. It's been really nice, too, because we've been here during the day while Spencer is gone. Spencer 2 has room to do his homework, Audrey has room to dance around, and Isaac has room to be totally funny and crazy.
Our time hasn't been without adventure, either. Just this morning, Spencer knocked a vace over and cracked his head open. As soon as he realized there was blood, it was a life or death situation. The crack isn't too big and he'll be fine, but it was defintely an adventure. The funny part is that Isaac cracked his head open last week, too. It's only funny because they're both okay. It's a good thing the Taylor boys have hard heads. :)
Tonight is our last night here and I'm pretty excited to get back to regular life. I've really come to appreciate public education in a whole new way and I think Spencer 2 has, too. It'll be nice to be back home. The only downside is that we have to speak on Sunday, so maybe we'll break down somewhere along the way and I'll get out of that. Here's hoping.
I know this post is lon

g already, but it's been cracking me up to watch Audrey make up dances and I've realized just how much and how fast she is growing up. I was remembering her "friend" Codom that hasn't been around for at least a year and a half. She's still just as creative and inventive, but I miss having Codom around. She never really could figure out the gender, what it looked like, or even the size, but they were inseparable. Maybe she and Spencer will be like that someday. :) Until then, here's hopin'.
1 comment:
Sounds fun!!! It's always nice to take a little break from the norm!!! I also hate sweating to death in a tent!! UGH!!! That's one time I'd also rather be cold!
:) -Angela-
Post a Comment