Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Whisperings

I was driving to the post education center to drop off some paperwork toward the end of my work day when I started thinking about a particular Brother in the quorum. The Elders quorum former secretary and I met with he and his family awhile back and I also spoke with him at Church on Sunday. Other than that though, I'm not really sure why I started thinking about him. I wondered how he's doing since I know of a challenge he's facing in his life right now. I thought I should probably talk to him again soon to see what we, as a quorum, can do to support him and his family.
I pulled into the education center and, as I was approaching the building, out walks this brother with his two sons. I felt a rush of the Spirit and was able to sincerely tell him, "Hey, I was just thinking about you...". We talked for a minute and hopefully he felt a boost of support from us, his brothers. It was a neat experience but most of all it helped me understand just how much Father loves each of us, as His children, and how willing He is to help us help each other.
I'm sure I would have seen this good brother regardless of whether my thoughts were turned to him and his family but I was a little more prepared to support him because of the guidance I received just before running into him.
What a blessing it is to be involved in the work of the Lord. He really does love us, every one.

No comments: