Monday, November 3, 2008

Appreciation

There's nothing that will help you appreciate your spouse like having them gone. Spencer and I have spent a fair amount of time apart, but somehow I forget just how crazy life is without him. I change more dirty diapers, wash more dishes, and send more kids to their room than I ever do while he's home. Hopefully, someday, I'll be able to fully appreciate him, so we'll be able to be in the same house (for an extended period of time - like a month :)). Honestly, though, I'm so thankful for him and all he does to keep our house going.
Isaac has been cute since Spence has left. Every day, at least 7 or 8 times, he'll say, "Da?" and hold his hands up like he's completely clueless, which he may well be. He always wants to know where his dad is, but every time I tell him, he shakes his head. I think he's learning, a little too early, that he, as the child, knows WAY more than I do! I'm afraid it's only going to get worse from here.
Luckily Spencer will be home in a couple days. This trip has felt like Months, but I think it's partly because so much has been going on since he left. One of the greatest adventures was the MASSIVE temper tantrum Spencer Jr. threw tonight. I don't remember the last time that he cried himself to hysteria. It was a little bit scary, but mostly just funny now. The reason for the tantrum: a messy room and a mean mom that asked him to clean it. (I know! I'm pretty nervy.) Yet another reason that makes me thankful I'm not doing this all on my own all the time. I'd be even crazier than I am, if you can imagine that. I give props to the single mom!!

1 comment:

Pokit Rokit said...

Thanks for sharing your days here Jaime. It means so much and I love the way you can really tell it like it is. You have had a glimpse of what it would be like without a spouse. My heart goes out to those who go it alone all the time. You're wonderful and doing a great job!