I so wish I had remembered to blog last night, because our Family Home Evening was one for the books and there's no way I'm going to remember it all now that an entire day has passed. I'm going to try, though.
Picture if you will Isaac running around like a crazy man, Spencer, Jr. asleep on his daddy's lap, and Audrey drawing pictures of, who knows what, while sitting next to me. Fortunately, after we sang and prayed, things calmed down a bit. We talked about Moses and the burning bush and there were several good comments made after I asked what they thought Jesus came to tell Moses. None of which I can remember now. Spencer wrote them all down since he's giving a talk about how our family is applying the ward goals, but he's downstairs trying to get the kids to stay in bed.
I've also had some great Audrey moments over the past few days that I've forgotten to write about. We've started locking our door at night, because we somehow end up with 2 extra bodies in our bed. Well, tonight Audrey and Isaac came back upstairs while I was folding laundry and since Spencer was at Mutual, I had the door open. Audrey volunteered to put her clothes away, but she wanted to make sure she'd be able to get back in, so she made me "pinky squared." I'm pretty sure that means more than your typical pinky swear.
She was doing something a couple days ago and wanted to make sure that her "nickles" weren't going to get scraped up.
And finally, she has made up her own language. She was talking to me yesterday and threw some word in to the conversation that I had never heard before. I asked her what it meant and, without hesitation, she had a definition. Since then, she's been throwing all sorts of crazy words around. She makes me laugh, that's for sure. She makes me cry, too, but I'm trying to focus on the good and there's definitely plenty of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment