Audrey had her gymnastics meet tonight at 8 (super late for us Taylors), so we dragged all the kids out and watched her smile and perform so proudly. She really did have a good time and it was fun to see all that she learned over the past few months. She doesn't often to get to be the center of attention, so I think that was really good for her.
It was hard for Spencer, Jr. to let his little sister be the center of attention, though. He told my mother-in-law as he sat down that he could do everything these girls were about to do and made sure Audrey knew that her metal wasn't real like his. How do you get kids to be uncompetitive? I just don't know.
So, we got home around 8:40 and the kids just barely went to sleep about 30 minutes ago. Late nights always make for fun mornings, so wish me luck. It's times like these when I'm tempted to just let them sleep. The less chaotic day is motivation, though. So, school it is!
No comments:
Post a Comment