When Spencer and I lived in WA and AZ and would come to UT for a visit, I would always refer to it as home, because I think home is where your family is. Of course it was nice to feel adult and live on our own, but I'm so thankful to be back HOME!!
As I mentioned in my last post, Audrey is really sick. She was up most of the night last night with a pretty high temp. and woke up this morning throwing up. She was so sweet last night, though. She kept telling me between groans that she loved me and even threw out one time that I am a star! Pretty cute, right?!
As I was getting out of bed way too early this morning, she asked where I was going. As I told her, she begged me not to go. "Please mommy, please stay here with me." I should add here that Spencer ended up on the floor, because I was sandwiched between Audrey and Isaac, so he was the bear that fell out when we all rolled over. Anyway, Audrey was so hot and I felt like a water bed exploded all over me, but I just couldn't resist her request. About an hour later, the barfing began. She threw up probably 5 times in 2 hours. This may sound strange at first, but I'm really thankful it was Audrey with the barfs, because she will do everything in her power to make it to the toilet, so we didn't have one mess to clean up. (Ah, the simple pleasures.) I don't know how she has such great control.
I got her in to the doctor at 10 and found out that she has an ear infection and a virus. The ear infection is causing the fever and the virus is making her throw up. Thank heaven for medicine, though, because she managed to keep the antibiotic and the Motrin down and has been a different kid since her fever broke at about 3 this afternoon. She was like a kid in a candy store at dinner. I don't remember her ever eating like that. Even after dinner was over, she raided the fridge for all the veggies she could find. Veggies? What 5 year old scours the fridge for veggies?
Amidst all this, Spencer's mom called, a couple of my sisters called, and my mom stopped by to see how she was doing. And to top it all off, my mom took Isaac home with her, so I could get the kitchen clean with Audreys' help. (Spencer is at BYU tonight.) It's such a blessing to be home again! (Hence, the title.) It makes me wonder how I ever got by in AZ while Spencer traveled so much. We had great friends that would sometimes call and invite us over and my amazing parents drove the 14 hours at a moments notice once when I was having a pregnant moment, but nothing compares to being just down the street. It's one of those blessings amidst a trial. One of the tender mercies. I'm thankful that Heavenly Father sent my family to be my guardian angels today. What would I ever do without them?!
1 comment:
My sentiments exactly! I loved Seattle, but Home is where your family is.
Post a Comment