Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nervous Tick

We had our RS birthday party tonight and I was asked to sing a solo, which makes me so nervous, but it really was a great experience. It has, however started me thinking about nerves. Why do we get nervous? I practiced the song I sang at least once a day for about a week, knew all the words and the notes I was to sing, but I was still a pile of the shakes. It took all the courage I had in me to get up in front of those sisters tonight. It's obviously insecurity and a fear of failure. So I have to wonder, how much different would my life be if I were brave? I don't think I'll ever know the answer to that, but, and this will sound strange, I'm thankful for my nerves. They keep me humble and help me appreciate the fact that I can't do much of anything on my own. It's blessings like the tummy flips that help me remember Heavenly Father's hand in my life. I never pray so hard as when I have to get up in front of other people. So, thank Heaven for my insecurities.
I'll end with some kid moments. Spencer asked how my song went and I told him I went squeaky a couple times to which Audrey replied, "Well, didn't you practice?!" Why didn't I think of that? Isaac was out in the office with Spencer yesterday and asked, "Dad, wayw is my bite?"(where is my bike?) He looked around for a minute and then said, "Oh, I sidin on it." And then he giggled as only an Isaac can. Thanks for kids that keep life funny.

1 comment:

Metmer said...

I think you showed the truest form of bravery when you married a lunatic like me. It's also a sign of true valiance to raise 4 kids (okay, sometimes I probably make it seem more like 5) every day and to not go totally nuts in the process.
So, though you're too humble to admit it, you really are a brave brave woman!