So, our 10 year high school reunion is tomorrow. Not that we're going since we're 15 hours away, but it's gotten me thinking back on the past 10 years. The really amazing part is that I've known my wonderful husband all the while. He, the Gospel, and babies have been the only constants. Sure we've spent a good portion of the last 5 years apart, but we certainly haven't grown apart. I'm realizing more and more just how close we've grown through the two deployments we've faced. We're more in love and closer than ever thanks to a lot of prayer and an amazingly faithful husband. Where would I be without him?! (Totally nuts, that's where!) Seriously, though, I'm so thankful to be where we are.
This whole Army thing is a lot crazier than I ever thought it would be, but we've learned some amazing things and grown a ton as a family. One of the greatest blessings has been the health benefits. Even though Spence was deployed when I had Audrey and Isaac, which means I was in UT with family, it only cost us $25/kid. So, since Brigham was born before military life, he was $300. I know, it still isn't too bad, but compared to $25?! It also helps a lot since Audrey has been in the ER about 6 times since she was 18 months old. (She's slightly accident prone.)
So, here we are in the bottomless pit of Fort Huachuca, Arizona. (Oops, did I say bottomless?) It

really is pretty brown here, but there are worse things, right?! I've come to learn that it doesn't matter where you are, it's all about who you're with! Besides that, we've made some really great friends here that I'm sure we'll keep in touch with. Also, some of our friends from Olympia have just moved here, too. We have yet to get together, but it's always nice to have old friends in a new place.
I guess my point in all this, is that even though we've moved about 13 times, we're about as happy as anyone could possibly be! O.k., maybe happier. I'm thankful for the experiences that have taught us and strengthened us as a family. How did we get so blessed? I'm not sure, but I certainly am grateful! Actually, I do know. It's all Spencer's righteous fault!
No comments:
Post a Comment