Friday, June 20, 2008

Handsome


Having kids is so much fun! Of course there are the temper trantrums and the selective hearing episodes but, by in large, the richness and true enjoyment I get from being a Dad are amazing. In an effort to improve the mood of one of our children (who shall not be named), I decided we should go outside for a bit. The kids grabbed their bikes and were headed to join their cohort in the culdesac but they'd forgotten their helmets. I called to them to come back and they both did so without any trouble. Brigham grabbed his brain bucket and was off again. Audrey needed help with hers. I was buckling her helmet and I said, "Audrey, are you a pretty princess?". She smiled and said "Yes!". Then we talked a little more as I finished securing her helmet on her head. As I was walking away she said, "Dad you're pretty handsome". It totally made my evening. It's so great to observe the heart-on-your-sleeve way kids live their lives. I want to be more like that.

No comments: