Thursday, June 26, 2008

Who'd-a Thunk?!

So, who ever knew that the Enrichment Leader had such a tough job?! I know now! These past couple months have been some of the busiest of my life. It has also opened my eyes to how busy the RS President is and made me super thankful that I'm not it!! Our Enrichment Night is this coming Wednesday, so most of the stuff I have left to do is last minute stuff and is where I find out just how much stuff I forgot to do. Just a couple days ago, I realized I had forgotten to call one of the sisters about a practice we were having. Fortunately, she was really flexible and came, even though she only had an hours notice. Hopefully nothing else crazy will come up like that. With me, though, you just never know. My mind is a balloon that spends more time afloat than it does in my head.
Spencer has also gotten a new calling that will bring some new adventures and lonely nights. He's really excited to get to work, as usual, and has felt the Spirit telling him that this was coming. It's nice to have a heads up about those kinds of things. Especially when there's so much work involved. It'll mean he's even busier than he has been since he just started Accounting 2 and I think Marketing, he's working full time, and he's traveling tons. The traveling will help with his school, because, let's face it, you can get a lot more done when there aren't kids or wives yelling in the background. He's definitely the right man for such a challenge, though.
I guess that pretty much sums up the last few days. Oh, I just remembered a funny from tonight. Isaac was sitting on my lap and Brigham said, "Come on Isaac, over here where it's soft." Then he paused for a minute and said, "Uh, come and sit where it's strong." Then Audrey said as she straightened her legs, "Come right here. I'll show you strong."

(Just for the record, I was standing withing arms reach of Isaac.)

3 comments:

Keddington Chronicles said...

Jaime, that whole enrichment night leader, yea, I know what you mean!!! When I was walking around the neighborhood with a 6 week old for 4 hours asking people if they wanted green, blue, gold, or silver background on their picture, I was left saying "Who would've thought" :)

Christy said...

Jaime, what's Spencer's new calling?

jalytaylor said...

Well, I can't tell you because he hasn't been sustained yet. But, when you get here on Wednesday, I'll fill you in. You just never know who's checking out your blog, you know?! :)